Breastfeeding Mama? Read These Reviews
|Ameda Purely Yours Ultra Breast Pump|
The thing about breastfeeding is that you’ve already got everything you need to do it.
You don’t need to buy a thing!
But there are accessories and tools that can help make it easier.
Below are all of the breastfeeding products that we’ve reviewed over the last few years that we found useful.
Whether you are returning to work full-time or need to express milk occasionally, the breast pump is the most ubiquitous breastfeeding product you’ll hear about.
- Why You Shouldn’t Share Breast Pumps
- Ameda Purely Yours Ultra Breast Pump: Professional Quality For Pumping Moms
- Medela Freestyle Double Electric Breast Pump: Hands-free Pumping!
- Medela’s Pump in Style Advanced: Just Pump It Up!
- Medela Swing: Portable Efficient Breast Pump
- Lansinoh Breast Pumps: Excellent Pumps For a Great Price
- Playtex Embrace Double Electric Breast Pump: Comfortable, Efficient and a Great Price
- Playtex’s Embrace Deluxe Double Electric Breast Pump: Express Yourself
- Playtex Baby Manual Breast Pump
Nursing Bras and Clothing
If you need/want to wear a bra, nursing bras, which have a hook or latch system to open the cup, make breastfeeding easier. Nursing tops and dresses let you nurse without pulling your top down or up so you can expose as little skin as possible. Nursing tanks are a happy medium — a tank top that has a built-in bra.
- Medela Comfort Bra: All New Moms Need A Little Support
- Nummies Nursing Bras: No Letdown Here!
- Elle MacPherson Nursing Bras: Look Like a Model (or Just Wear a Bra by One)
- Bravado Body Silk Seamless Nursing Bra: The perfect nursing bra to add to your collection
- La Leche League International Nursing Bras: I Love, Love, Love these bras!
- Bravado! Designs: The Perfect Nursing Bras
- Q&A: Gwen Stefani’s Agent Provocateur Bra
- My Favorite Nursing Bras
- Having a Baby Soon? Bra Advice From a New Mom
- My Favorite… Nursing Bras
- Bravado! Designs: Tanks for the Mammaries!
- Momzelle Nursing Tops: They’ve Got You Covered
- Medela Nursing Camisole: Pretty And Practical
- BOOB Nursing Tops: Stylish Nursing Mamas Rejoice!
- Mommy’s Little Monkey: Breastfeeder in Training!
- Aimee Nursing Gowns: Va Va Voom!
- 1 in the Oven and Mayreau
- Buxom Inc.: Sleepwear for the Rest of Us
- Larrivo Nursing Loungewear
Books and Videos
Not everyone has a breastfeeding support system so books and videos help fill in the blanks in terms of information and assistance.
- The Essential Breastfeeding Log: A Feedings Tracker and Baby-Care Organizer for Nursing Moms
- If These Boobs Could Talk: A Little Humor to Pump Up the Breastfeeding Mom
- The Breastfeeding Mother’s Guide to Making More Milk
- Simply Breastfeeding: The Criso Breastfeeding Method
- DVD: The Real Deal on Breastfeeding
A nursing cover is by no means necessary to breastfeed and you shouldn’t feel that you have to cover up, but they help a lot of women feel more comfortable about nursing in public (aka “NIP”). Most resemble aprons that you tie around your neck while others are more like shawls or ponchos.
- L’ovedbaby 4-in-1 Nursing Shawl: Think You Don’t Need a Nursing Cover-Up? I Didn’t Either…
- L’ovedbaby: The Nursing Shawl That Does It All
- Bebe Au Lait/Hooter Hiders: Cover Me! Slurp & Burp: Nurse Anywhere
- Bebe Au Lait: Chic Nursing Covers
- Bebe au Lait’s Stylish Nursing Covers
- Skoose 2-in-1 Nursing Cape: A Nursing Cover That Converts to a Purse
- Moboleez Breastfeeding Hats: The Most Clever Cover-Up Ever!
- Peekaboobaby Nursing Covers: Let Your Baby Dine While Dashing
Nursing pillows help position your baby to breastfeed, but you can also use regular bed pillows.
- Utterly Yours Breast Pillow: A Different Kind of Nursing Pillow
- Bumpil On The Way – Maternity Pillow That Converts to So Much More!
- Gr8x Self Inflating Nursing Pillow: Support for Nursing on the Go!
Nursing Pads, Creams and Other Accessories
- Lansinoh Breastfeeding Supplies
- Medela’s Hydro Gel Soothing Pads: Ahhh, Sweet Relief!
- Laughing Starfish Jewelry: Handcrafted Beadwork and Nursing Necklaces
- Tickled Pink: Nursing Necklaces to Tickle Your Baby’s Fancy
- The Blessed Nest: Comfort for Nursing Moms and Babies
- Blossumz: Soothing Relief from Breast Pain
- Organic Mother’s Milk Tea from Traditional Medicinals
- Milkscreen: A Little Peace Of Mind For Nursing Moms Who Imbibe
- Motherlove Herbals Lactation Pack: Got milk?
- Q&A: How Do Celebrity Moms Prevent Nursing Leaks? Nursing Pads!