Playlists of the Stars — And Their Kids!
Sure, Christina Aguilera, Sheryl Crow and Melissa Etheridge may top the charts with their popular songs, but at home, it’s their children who rule the iTunes. In this week’s PEOPLE, some of our favorite singing celebs share their children’s top pop picks. Here’s a look at a few:
- Melissa Etheridge‘s four children, Bailey Jean, 11, Beckett, 9 ½, and twins Johnnie Rose and Miller Steven, 22 months, enjoy Common Threads by Bobby McFerrin, The Rainbow Connection as performed by Sarah McLachlan, When It Don’t Come Easy by Patty Griffin, and a song by mom — Message To Myself. "Really, it’s their fave!" Melissa says. iTunes users can click here to download the Etheridge’s favorite songs!
- New Kids on the Block singer Joey McIntyre and son Griffin Thomas, 9 months, enjoy songs like Goodspeed (Sweet Dreams) by the Dixie Chicks and Your Song by Elton John. To download Joey’s playlist from iTunes, click here!
- When Christina Aguilera and son Max Liron, 8 months, have alone time, they like listening to Jamming by Bob Marley, Stay Awake by Julie Andrews and ironically, Relax Max by Dinah Washington. To check out more of Max and Christina’s picks, click here!
- While new mom Nicole Richie may not be a singer, she and 8-month-old daughter Harlow Winter Kate enjoy classical greats like Für Elise by Ludwig van Beethoven, and Wild World by Cat Stevens. To see the rest of Nicole and Harlow’s picks, click here!
Click "More" to see top tunes from Anthony Kiedis, Solange Knowles, Taylor Hanson, and Sheryl Crow.
- Red Hot Chili Peppers frontman Anthony Kiedis and son Everly Bear, 11 months, rock out to Spaceship by Sean Lennon and Master of Puppets by Metallica. Click here to view and download more of the duo’s playlist!
- R&B mama Solange Knowles and son Daniel Julez Smith, 4 next month, groove to Crank That (Soulja Boy) by Soulja Boy ("I get a kick out of him singing ‘yooooouuu’!" she says) and of course, The Backyardigans Theme Song by the Backyardigans. Check out more of Julez and Solange’s picks by clicking here!
- MMMBoper Taylor Hanson and 2-year-old son River Samuel have taste that crosses all genres, listening to everything from Believer by Ben Kweller to Black or White by Michael Jackson ("Listening to that is when he really busts a move," says Taylor). Click here for other tunes from Taylor’s iTunes playlist!
- Sheryl Crow and son Wyatt Steven, 16 months, share a special favorite — Sheryl’s own Lullaby for Wyatt written just for him. They also love Elmo’s Song by the Sesame Street cast (naturally!). For additional tracks from Sheryl’s playlist, click here!