National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets
I’m a sucker for action/adventure movies andthe National Treasure franchise is a pleaser. I missed the sequel, National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets, in the theatre (and Josh was not interested in this one at all) so I’m excited it’s now out on DVD. Here’s the synopsis.
Treasure hunter Benjamin Franklin Gates is back—and this time it’s personal. When his great grandfather is Benjamin Franklin Gates is back—and this time it’s personal. When his great grandfather is implicated in the assassination of Abraham Lincoln, Ben (Nicolas Cage) is determined to clear his name, even if it means bringing together his acrimoniously divorced parents (Jon Voight and Helen Mirren).
In a rollicking adventure that ranges from Buckingham Palace to Mount Rushmore, Gates pursues the infamous Book of Secrets, said to contain the truth about everything from Ben’s grandfather to the JFK murder. Only one man has access to the storied volume—the president of the United States (Bruce Greenwood), and he won’t part with it willingly. As hidden clues and long buried mysteries emerge, National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets builds to an unforgettable, heart pounding climax.
Click Continue Reading for all of the special features included on the DVDs and Blu-Ray.
Bonus: Why Cebola?
Bonus: South Dakota
The DVD and Blu-Ray contain the following bonus features.
• Audio Commentary -Director Jon Turteltaub and Academy award winningactor Jon Voight provide exclusive commentary for the film.
• Deleted Scenes -Jon Turteltaub introduces extended and deleted scenesincluding “Pursuit At Rushmore: The Unseen Chapter, ” in which theintrepid group of treasure hunters makes its way into the Black Hillsof South Dakota while doing their best to avoid the FBI.
• The Treasure Reel -A collection of outtakes and bloopers from the set of National Treasure: Book of Secrets.
• Secrets of a Sequel -Filmmakers Jon Turteltaub and Jerry Bruckheimerjoin the cast and crew to talk about making the follow-up to thephenomenally successful National Treasure.
• The Book of Secrets: On Location -From the Black Hills and Badlandsof South Dakota to London’s historic Buckingham Palace, NationalTreasure: Book of Secrets was given unprecedented access to previouslyoff limits locations. Go behind the scenes at the Library of Congress,Mount Vernon, Buckingham Palace and the Statue of Liberty in Paris.
• Street Stunts: Creating the London Chase -Take a high speed tour ofLondon’s most recognizable landmarks as the film’s unforgettableadrenaline-fueled chase scene is created in historic city streets.
• Inside the Library of Congress -An informative feature about theworkings of the nation’s most important library provides an up-closelook at precious national artifacts and the conservation techniquesthat safeguard these priceless pieces of American history.
• Underground Action -The sets, the stunts and the action that createthe film’s powerful climax as the race to reach the lost City of Goldunfolds.
• Cover Story: Crafting the Presidents’ Book -A fascinating look at thepropmasters and designers who created the legendary book central toNational Treasure: Book of Secrets.
• Evolution of a Golden City -A look at the Hollywood sets, CGItechniques and visual effects that brought the legendary City of Goldto life.
• Knights of the Golden Circle -Who were the real Knights of the GoldenCircle? A short documentary traces one of America’s most mysterious andinfluential organizations to its roots, including interviews with KGCexpert Warren Getler, the cast and crew.
• Easter Eggs -Including a conversation about Beverly Hills High Schoolwith fellow alums Nic Cage and Jon Turteltaub, a look at the WhiteHouse lawn scene as filmed in front of a blue screen and much more.
All the same Bonus Features as the DVD plus:
• Book of History: The Fact and Fiction of NT2 -Is National Treasure: Book of Secrets historical fact or historical fiction?
Pop Quiz that tests people on the history, characters, places andevents that took place in the movie. Find out which historical detailsin the film are true and which were invented with an exclusive pop upquiz. It is a fully-interactive in-movie experience.
• Two Additional Deleted Scenes -With introductions by director Jon Turteltaub