Update: Contest: Ashford & Simpson's The Warner Bros. Years: Hits, Remixes & Rarities
Update: The winners have been selected and the CDs sent out.
For fans of dance music and R&B from yesteryear and today, the highly anticipated release of the legendary Ashford & Simpson’s The Warner Bros. Years: Hits, Remixes & Rarities is the ultimate compilation. The Rhino Records two-disc set exquisitely represents the great soul and disco era of the ’70’s including hits and impossible to find remixed gems from their nine albums recorded at Warner Bros. Records from 1973 – 1982. In addition, the package includes a disc of Ashford & Simpson songs from that same era that have been recently remixed by some of dance music’s current top remixers including Tom Moulton, Joey Claussell, Joey Negro and Dimitri From Paris.
Have a listen!
You can win one of 3 copies of Ashford & Simpson’s The Warner Bros. Years: Hits, Remixes & Rarities! Click Continue Reading for more detail!
Disc One contains six songs originally released as promo-only 12" remixes. The great Jimmy Simpson (brother of Valerie), one of the originalpioneers of "intros and breaks" began extending Ashford &Simpson’salbum tracks for the dance floor back in the 70’s. Thisconfiguration resulted in additional accessibility for club DJs, whichcoined the now household term "remix" music. Jimmy Simpson’smasterpieces include the duos hits "Send It" "Top of the Stairs" and"Have You Ever Tried It". Some of these are out-of-print masterpiecesor available for over $2000 on music sites. Other Ashford & Simpsonremixes include their fan favorites "Don’t Cost You Nothing", "NobodyKnows", "Tried, Tested And Found True" and "Love Don’t Always Make ItRight" amongst others.
Featuring more than an hour of remixes, the second disc spotlightseight tracks by some of the world’s most respected remixers whoseadmiration for the accomplishments of Ashford & Simpson music isobvious. "These remixers did an incredible job breathing new life intoour songs while maintaining the integrity of them," noted ValerieSimpson. DJ supreme Tom Moulton unearths parts of the mega-hit "Found ACure" that were long forgotten including adlibs and an entirely newbase line. Joe Claussell takes "Bourgie Bourgie" and brings it toanother level, adding synths and percussion to create a rhythmic tourde force. Paul Simpson and John Morales recreate "Over And Over" and"Tried, Tested And Found True," and Dimitri From Paris carefullyre-edited Jimmy Simpson’s masterful 12" remix of "One More Try" andturns in two versions of "Stay Free" — one at the song’s originaltempo and the other a slamming club mix. Joey Negro turns "Love Don’tAlways Make It Right" into a new house club anthem, while Tommy Mustothins out the mix on "It Seems To Hang On" to create a sexy between thesheets groove.
Enter to win one of three copies of Ashford & Simpson’s The Warner Bros. Years: Hits, Remixes & Rarities. Email the following info to celebritybabyblogATgmail.com (make sure you replace AT with @).
- Your full name, mailing address, and email address.
- Which singer is Ashford and which one is Simpson?
- Make sure you put "Ashford & Simpson" in the subject line in order for your entryto be counted.
Any entries that don’t include all of the info will not be counted. The contest closes March 21 at 7 am EST. (For terms & conditions, click here.)
The Warner Bros. Years; Hits, Remixes & Rarities Track Listing
Disc 1: Originals [TT 75:05]
1. Over And Over (12" Disco Mix)
2. Have You Ever Tried It
3. Everybody’s Got To Give It Up
4. One More Try (12" Disco Mix)
5. Tried, Tested And Found True (12" Disco Mix)
6. Send It
7. Top Of The Stairs
8. Don’t Cost You Nothing (12" Disco Mix)
9. It Seems To Hang On (12" Disco Mix)
10. Found A Cure (12" Disco Mix)
11. Nobody Knows (12" Disco Mix)
12. Love Don’t Make It Right (12" Disco Mix)
13. Stay Free
14. Bourgié Bourgié
Disc 2: Remixes [Tt 78:15]
1. Found A Cure (A Tom Moulton Mix)
2. It Seems To Hang On (Tommy Musto Re-Touch)
3. One More Try (Dimitri Re-Edit)
4. Bourgié Bourgié (Joe Claussell’s Classic Remix)
5. Over And Over (Simphouse/M&M Mix)
6. Stay Free (Dim’s The Missing Mix)
7. Love Don’t Make It Right (Joey Negro Mix)
8. Tried, Tested And Found True (Simphouse/M&M Soulful Mix)
9.Stay Free (Dim’s Club Mix)