- We joined a CSA and only buy locally grown fruits and vegetables.
- We clean with green detergent and wash in cold water only.
- We leave the lights off and the curtains open during the day.
- We hand down all our clothes.
- We recycle.
- We use public transportation and/or walk over 90% of the time.
- We limit air conditioning use to one room in the house during the summer – and not all day long.
- We vote GREEN whenever possible and give money to environmental causes.
- I nursed the kids.
- we use only natural cleaning products. reuse grocery bags, eat onlyorganic products. We visit the farmers market and support localfarmers. We use soap and shampoos that are all natural ( you have tobasically special order this on the internet) Walk when we can, etc.It’s actually very cute, when my little one asks for milk she actuallyasks for organic milk.
- using non-toxic cleaning material to clean everything
- using reusable bags when shopping
- buying food from farmers’ markets
- eating organic food/whole foods
- using cloth towels as much as possible in the kitchen
Exclusively for Celebrity Baby Blog Readers: If you did not win but would still like a copy of the book, enter promo code Shiloh at chroniclebooks.com to receive 30% off and free shipping on your entire order. (Offer expires 11/30/07.)
Let everything that touches your baby be pure and natural.Record numbers of parents are choosing organic foods and non-toxic products that are healthier for their children and gentler on the planet—to the tune of $50 billion dollars spent worldwide last year. Now it’s easier than ever to create an eco-friendly environment for little ones without sacrificing comfort and style.
Author of The Healthy Home Workbook, interior designer and new mother Kimberly Rider offers parents dozens of solutions that fit their priorities and their lifestyle—and their budget in her new book Organic Baby. From cribs to bubble bath to baby’s first foods, Rider highlights health concerns, navigates the range of available products, and guides the way to safe and appealing choices. Colorful photos, smart tips and guidelines, and tabbed sections make this an inspirational and practical handbook. In Organic Baby, Mother Nature truly knows best.
Enter to win one of three copies of Organic Baby by answering this question: What have you done in your home to make it eco-friendly for your family? (The giveaway closes Monday, September 17 at 9 am EST.)