Patrick Dempsey introduces his fraternal twin sons Darby Galen and Sullivan Patrick, born February 1st, in People magazine, out this Friday. He and his wife Jillian pose with the boys and their daughter Talula Fyfe, 5. For legal reasons, we (or any other blog) cannot post these images, so you’ll have to visit People for the photos.
Baby highlights from the article include:
- Darby and Sullivan were born two weeks early by cesarean section.
- The boys are going to have great heads of hair – Darby has shorter blond hair, while Sullivan has ‘Sid Vicious black, punk-rock hair.’ Patrick is proud, saying, "They already have my hair – and that’s a good thing!"
- Patrick cut both the boys’ umbilical cords.
- He was initially "a little overwhelmed" when he found out they were expecting twins.
- According to Patrick, "Sullivan will probably read this article in 20 years and say, ‘What did you say about me?’ He’s sort of the grumpy old man. Darby is very much the peaceful, quiet little Buddha."
- They have a nanny who helps them at times, which, "makes an incredible difference."
- Patrick says, "I think we’re done now," with three kids in the house.
- Big sister Talula "very excited and very good about taking care of her brothers." While the boys are sleeping or nursing, Patrick and Talula go for bike rides and watch movies like The Sound of Music.
- Although Patrick and Jillian picked the boys’ names ("just names we liked"), Talula helped to determine who was who.
Thanks to CBB readers Lianne and Jillian.