We bring you the Celebrity Baby Blog’s Viewing Guide for the 64th Annual Golden Globes Awards. This awards show is our favorite because it encompasses both film and television and includes comedies as well as your standard serious or blockbusters.
Miss Golden Globe this year is Lorraine Nicholson, 16, daughter of Jack Nicholson. The honor, traditionally bestowed upon the teenage or young adult daughter of a famous celebrity, allows the chosen person to participate in the ceremony by handing the awards to the presenters, then escorting the winners off stage.
Click Read More for the Viewing Guide.
Who are you rooting for?
Here are the awards that celebrity moms and dads are nominated for.
Best Actress in a Motion Picture
- Maggie Gyllenhaal for Sherrybaby – mom to daughter Ramona, 3 ½ months
- Kate Winslet for Little Children – mom to daughter Mia, 6, and son Joe, 3.
- Annette Bening for Running with Scissors – mom to daughter Kathlyn, 14, son Benjamin, 12, and daughters Isabel, 9 ½, and Ella, 6 ½.
- Meryl Streep for The Devil Wears Prada – mom to son Henry, 27, and daughters Mary, 23, Grace, 20, and Louisa, 15.
Best Actor in a Motion Picture
- Will Smith for The Pursuit of Happyness – dad to son Trey, 14, son Jaden, 8, and daughter Willow, 5.
- Forest Whitaker for The Last King of Scotland – dad to son Ocean, 16, daughters Sonnet, 10, and True, 8, and stepdad to Autumn, 15.
- Johnny Depp for Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest – dad to daughter Lily-Rose, 7 ½, and son Jack, 4 ½.
- Will Ferrell for Stranger Than Fiction – dad to Magnus, 2 ½, and newborn Mattias.
Best Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture
- Cate Blanchett for Babel – mom to sons Dashiell, 5, and Roman, 2 ½.
Best Supporting Actor in a Motion Picture
- Ben Affleck for Hollywoodland – dad to daughter Violet, 13 months.
- Eddie Murphy for Dreamgirls – dad to daughter Bria, 17, son Christian, 15, and daughters Shayne, 12, Zola, 6 ½, and Bella, 4 ½, as well as two other unacknowledged children. Believed to be father of Mel B’s baby, due in late spring.
- Jack Nicholson for The Departed – dad to daughters Jennifer, 42, and Lorraine, 16, and son Raymond, 14.
- Brad Pitt for Babel – dad to son Maddox, 5, and daughters Zahara, 2, and Shiloh, 7 ½ months.
- Mark Wahlberg for The Departed – dad to daughter Ella, 3, and son Michael, 9 ½ months.
Best Actress in a Television Series
- Patricia Arquette for Medium – mom to son Enzo, 17, and daughter Harlow, 3 ½.
- Edie Falco for The Sopranos – mom to son Anderson, 2.
- Kyra Sedgwick for The Closer – mom to son Travis, 17, and daughter Sosie, 14.
- Mary-Louise Parker for Weeds – mom to son William, 3.
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus for The New Adventures of Old Christine – mom to sons Henry, 14, and Charles, 9.
- Felicity Huffman for Desperate Housewives – mom to daughters Sophia, 6, and Georgia, 4.
- Marcia Cross for Desperate Housewives – mom to fraternal twins due in April.
Best Actor in a Television Series
-Patrick Dempsey for Grey’s Anatomy – dad to daughter Talula, 5,and twin sons due in mid January.
- Hugh Laurie for House – dad to sons Charlie, 18, and William, 16, and daughter Rebecca, 14.
- Bill Paxton for Big Love – dad to son James, 12, and daughter Lydia, 9.
- Kiefer Sutherland for 24 – dad to daughter Sarah, 18.
- Alec Baldwin for 30 Rock – dad to daughter Ireland, 11.
- Steve Carell for The Office – dad to daughter Elisabeth, 5, and son John, 2 ½.
- Jason Lee for My Name is Earl – dad to son Pilot, 3.
- Tony Shalhoub for Monk – dad to daughter Sophie, 12.