The Celebrity Baby Blog is a private website owned and run by Danielle Friedland, editor-in-chief and publisher. As such, we have the right to set ground rules for the site, especially pertaining to the comments. We encourage open dialogue but inevitably things get out of control so we ask that you keep your comments relevant to the post and refrain from making nasty remarks about anyone- the celebrities and their children, the staff of the Celebrity Baby Blog, other readers, and anyone, in general. You are free to agree or disagree with each other, but please do so respectfully.
Comments are moderated, and will not appear until the site staff has approved them.
The following types of comments will not be posted:
- anything that insults the CBB staff, CBB readers orcelebrities. In general, a comment that includes "I’m sorry but…" or"She’s cute but…" tend to be negative and/or insulting.
- any type of discrimination in the discussions, including but notlimited to racism, heterosexism, classism, religious bigotry, ordiscrimination toward the disabled.
- We will not host discussions that involve explicit sexualreferences and are cautious about discussions on volatile topics suchas abortion, religion, and race.
- inflammatory remarks (intentional or otherwise), anything that we believe may provoke a fight.
- advertising and spam.
Feel free to agree or disagree with each other as long as you do itrespectfully. Please remember that there are people on the other endreading what you write. Celebrities do read the site, but so do regularpeople, and we all have our own experiences and perspectives. Please berespectful of that.
Bottom line: Ask yourself, "Would I be comfortable saying this to the person’s face?" If you’re not sure, then don’t post it.
If you have a question that you would like the staff to answer, please email questionsATcelebrity-babies.com (replace AT with @). We will not respond to questions asked in the comment section.
The following are common courtesy rules pertaining to outside sites.
1) Do not plagiarize our content. We spend a lot of time researching and writing our posts. It is really slimey to copy and paste what we write into your website or message board (even if you credit the Celebrity Baby Blog or link to us). Not only that, it’s illegal. It’s called copyright infringement. If we find that you are plagiarizing our content, we will go after you. Really.
2) Please credit us as a source. If you see information or a photo on our site first and want to refer to it on your site or messageboard, it is only common courtesy to reference that you found it on our site. We always credit the original source. It only takes thirty seconds more to say you found it on the Celebrity Baby Blog and link to us.
3) No direct linking to images. If you post to a message board or website, please link to the post instead of linking photos. You can do this by clicking "Permalink" underneath the photo, and copying the address that appears in the window, then pasting it at the forum where you would like to share the pictures. We would prefer that you do this whenever possible.
PS This is not a rule… just a favor. Before you email us asking us if we have any photos or news on a particular celeb, look for it first. You can search the site by using the Google Search on the left side of the page. If you don’t see anything, then we don’t have it.